Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Troll Bait

1. Why is providing Tax Breaks etc. for the middle class and up, a bad thing?
2. Why do I have to be tolerant and accepting of everybody, WHY can't I dislike what some people are and do?
3. Why cant I ignore someone's rights as long as they ignore their responsibility?
4. If women need special women's only places, to feel safe, and men do not, isn't that saying men are stronger, more together and better than women?
5. Why can’t a book, film, song, or other form of expression, just be fun, sad, horrific, with out providing the "correct" role models or messages?
6. Why won't people read the manual.
7. Why do people feel they "have to take care of" those they believe are beneath them, "for their own good"?

Since this will hang out here with out me posting for a while, I will set out the troll bait. If some one finds this before I really decide to do anything with it, just post if you will and feed any trolls you find, starvation must be terrible.
Piper

4 comments:

Ms Characterized said...

Why don't more people agree with you? I know some of those questions resonated with me, for sure.

Darren said...

Hear hear.

Anonymous said...

4. Not clear what you're talking about here, but if you mean something like women-only shelters, it doesn't mean men are stronger in a good way; it only means men are stronger physically and are more likely commit domestic violence against women than vice versa. Sometimes women really do need protection from men for reasons that have to do with size and crime statistics.

MasonPiper said...

On 4, I am not talking about shelters, although I do believe that most of them need to operate differently, I spent a night with some friends trying to get a beaten lady into a shelter, but couldn't because her partner was female, and the shelters said they could not guarantee her safety. I also see a need for men’s facilities. That being said, I was more poking a stick at the reasons people give for female only clubs, health or otherwise. I live less than a 2 minuet walk from a ladies only gym and a 30 minuet drive from mine. I joined the one I did because of a swimming pool, the ladies one has a pool also, but I can’t join, so I go to mine. Honestly, they are targeting a market that is profitable for them, more power to them. I do hear people rationalizing women only clubs and the need to NOT allow men’s clubs by stating the canard that women need their own place and men do not, that is the reason for the way I wrote #4. I actually believe in freedom of association, based on whatever criteria you choose. I think that everyone should be able to make these kinds of choices, heck; I should be able to open a restaurant for smokers only in San Francisco if I want to risk the capitol.